DIY: How to Make a Beautiful Lemon Candle – Candles are one of the useful lighting tools when the power is down. However, over time, the function of the candle turned into a beautiful living room decoration.
It is said that the oldest candles were made in Egypt in 3000 BC. Later, candles were also made in China during the Qin Dynasty (221-206 BC) and continued to spread throughout the world. Evidence of wax has been used since the Qin Dynasty is the discovery of wax residue in the tomb of Emperor Qin Shi Huang (259 – 210 BC). Since then, candles have become one of the favorite lighting until the electric lamps found.
Since the function as a decoration than for main lighting, let’s make candles yourself!
Here’s how to make a beautiful lemon candle as decoration or aromatherapy.
How to Make a Lemon Candle
Want to have an aesthetic candle with a calming lemon scent?
You can make candles with lemon peel and leftover candle.
What you need:
- Candles, shaved with a knife
- Pot for melting wax
- Waxed Thread
How to make lemon candle:
- Slice the lemon vertically and then empty the contents, leaving only the skin.
- Melt the wax shavings in the pot.
- Fill the lemon with the melted wax by one-third, then plug the waxed thread right in the middle.
- When the wax begins to solidify, add more melted wax until it is two-thirds the height of the lemon.
- Let stand until solid, and your lemon peel wax is ready to use.
The scent of lemon will really make you feel good, and you can use it as aromatherapy.
(Geby Angela/Ivan Runa)